Sunday 26 June 2016

Caffenol C-H success

After some rather grainy results with Caffenol C-L stand, Rodinal 1:100 and Rodinal 1:50 I thought I would try the Caffenol C-H recipe on a roll of film that I thought I had stuffed up. To my surprise this is my best result so far. Some of the shots actually have contrast and noticeably there is a lot less grain.

I am substituting the potassium bromide with Iodised Sea Salt at 10 x the amount so this would be 10 g/l. I also used the waterfree Washing Soda rather than the sodium carbonate which probably just gives the same result.

My next roll of film will be some 125 ASA to see if the grain is even tighter and I will use the same process or try the recommended Rodinal at 1:25.

Camera :   Canon A1
Film:   Ilford Pan 400
ASA EI: 400
Developer: Caffenol C-H 15min @ 20c
Agitation: Constant inversion for 1st minute then 1 inversion every 20 seconds.
Scanner:   Plustek 7400






No comments:

Post a Comment